Even before I had my 2 kids I've always wanted to be at a birth of a baby, and more so since I've had my own, wanted to see it from a different perspective. On the 28th of Sept, also Tina's birthday, I got to experience just that. I was actually called on the 27th around lunch time to be told she was in labor. I got to the hospital in minutes, I was so excited.... Both my kids labors were 2-4 hours with no problem, so I sorta thought she might have the baby before I got to the hospital, but surprisingly, she wasn't far along at all, I started her on her rounds around the hospital, up and down the floors, walking the walkways every 30 min, she wasn't aloud to eat and I was still fasting for Ramadan, so eating wasn't an issue.
When it hit 7pm and nothing had changed, she was still having contractions ever 5 min, but with no progress, we went upstairs to rest, and gave up on the walking. She was starting to get hungry but wasn't aloud to eat, I was rubbing her lower back every 5 min to ease the pain, (THANK YOU TINA for being there for me when I needed you most)
The door guard came to tell us that visiting hours were over after 9:30pm, we thanked him, and he never came back. Guess he did his last round before changing shifts. There was an extra bed next to Natasha's, so we took 30 min shifts rubbing her back and keeping her company, while the others slept on the bed or the balcony outside. It was great fun, .....and quite cold.
Skipping all the detail and drama, She had 39 hours of labor, but ended up too week to have the baby, so went in to have a C-section. It took 30 min and we had a healthy baby girl, 3.6kg, Kayella Roberts. When I pictured being at a birth, I expected to watch the whole deal, so C-section wasn't in my plans, but it was a great experience and I thank God for such easy births with my 2. After 2 nights of staying in hospital, and all day on call, i felt weak for a few days, but now back to normal. I'd still go to another one, its a wonderful experience.....esp when its not your own . lol. I'd be at another one any day. Well, that was my weekend for you. Pictures follow.
Proud father Fadil, was there the whole time by his wife's side. Even went into the theater with her. God Bless Him.
Mommy Natasha, and Baby Kayella
I brought Zohra to visit them as soon as I could, she was so happy, telling me that I need to have one now......HAHAHA. no chance for that anytime soon.
Kayella Roberts, 3.6kg, looking just like her mom.
Thursday, October 02, 2008
An experience......something else.
Posted by Machi at 9:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Poor girl! They should have let her eat if she wanted to, to keep up her energy. Shows how backwards those countries are. You would be a good person to have though. I was useless to my sister. I have no patience!
Wow! Good for you. I loved helping with your deliveries you were great. :) Miss you and give them my congratulations!
Why haven't you updated in soooooooooooo long?!
No nasty pictures of me...pretty please! I think you're beautiful all the time; don't see why you have to be fussy about pics! I like your blog. It's a lot nicer then mine at any rate. Oh, and have I ever told you that I love you?
Post a Comment