CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 30, 2006


So I'm at the mall with Jo, Shane an family, an decide that I need some schooling suplies, I left Jo an all somewhere downstairs so I went in ahead with a massive oversized trolley with both my kids seated inside. Hardly 2 meters inside I look down in my bag for my needs list, when I hear Aslan calling me, “Mommy, look paint.” Just as I was looking up I hear a box of glass paints hit the floor. As I bend down with cringed teeth, expecting the worse, I wasn’t surprised to see the worse, one of the small jars had cracked open from the bottom. I quickly got what I needed an paid for it all including the unwanted set of paints. (ehem)

I was thinkin an reading up on cooping with the "Terrible 2's", when I came across this revised version of the Ten Commandments an thought it was a good reminder for me.

Ten Commandments for Parents.
Auther Unknown

I. My hands are small, please do not expect perfections whenever I make a bed, draw a picture, or throw a ball. My legs are short, slow down so that I can keep up with you.
II. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have, let me explore it safely. Do not restrick me unnecessarily.
III. Housework will always be there; I am little only for a short time. Take time to explain things about this wonderful world, an do so willingly.
IV. My feelings are tender; do not nag me all day long. (You would not want to be nagged for you inquisitiveness.) Treate me as you would like to be treated.
V. I am a special gift from God; treasure me as God intended you to do--holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidlines to live by, and disciplining me in a loving manner.
VI. I need your encouragement (but not your empty praise) to grow. Go easy on the criticism; remember, you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.
VII. Give me the freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail, so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday I will be prepared to make the decisions life will require of me.
VIII. Do not redo everything I do, even if they are not done perfectly; that makes me feel that my efforts do not messure up to your expectations. I know its hard, but don't compare me with my brother or sister.
IX. Do not be afraid to leave for some time alone together. Kids need vacations from parents, an parents need vacations from us kids. Besides, its a great way to show us kids that your marriage is somethings special.
X. Teach me deligently about the Lord an his Word, setting a good example for me to follow. I enjoy learning more about God.

3 comments:

Ruth Cortejos said...

Oh that's very good...i like it!

Nyx Martinez said...

Aslan is soooo handsome. Much love to all your family and little ones... Did you ever get my load of pix of him?

Nina said...

That's an adorable pic of your son. And those 10 commandments... very fitting. I really admire moms like u who hv such active kids & the patience to help them cultivate their skills & character.