CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 10, 2006


Today we(our family of 4, consisting of Father-Nawaz,Mother-Me, Aslan an Zohra went to the zoo in Entebbe Airport @ 45 min drive, up against Lake Victoria. Unfortunatly my camera is under repairs, so I wasn't able to catch anything on picture to share with you, but at least I can share our day with you. A run down of the animals there, are lions, rhinos,(the only 2 white ones left in Uganda), hyena, chimps, Aligators, vervet monkeys, which are loose an running around the whole zoo, they advice you not to feed them cuz they will over flock you an you won't leave you alone till you leave, an some which have escaped my memory. Its not big at all, an is mostly there for the white Rhinos. In the center there are 2 donkeys that walk around in circles an kids can pay 25cents an ride them for a 2 minutes or so, aslan was thrilled an did it 3 times in a row, Zohra loved it just as much, an would try to jump out of her stroller to join Aslan, so I held her on one too, an walked around in the small donkey path once, she sat still an giggled the whole way round. It was a nice day, great whether, all together a blessed day. When we do go again I will make a point to takes pics, but for now this'll have to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? Only two white rhinos left in all Uganda? I had the impression that u hv wildlife walking around all over the place, & that u wouldn't even need to go to a zoo to see monkeys & the like!

Machi said...

I know thinking of Africa you must get many ideas in your head, I know I did before I got here. The only wildlife running around are cows, they are always in herds, minimum 20. Believe it or not they are used in exchange for the bride, along with cash, land, goats, an whatever else they can offer.
Kenya has more wildlife on the run, but most places you do have to drive for hours to see any. On the drive down to Kenya you do see Zebra an Baboons though, at least it keeps the kids buzy.

Anonymous said...

Yeh, I'll bet it keeps'm busy! Actually it's probably a good thing wildlife isn't as close to populated areas as I thought -- come to think of it, you'd hv to chase the kids around even more to account for their safety.

Anyway, sounds like a sweet day. It's always a pleasure to see little kids so thrilled about other creatures; u should definitely get pics next time!