CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend Getaway

Nawaz decided to treat us and take us up country over a 3 day weekend. He invited Dora and baby Angelo to come along for a view of up country and as she's new in town he knew she'd enjoy it. Sadly the long drives weren't so easy on Angelo, but Dora was very gracious the whole trip.

We got in late night to the hotel so had a great steak dinner and good night sleep after the 4 hour drive, ready to wake up to go to Queen Elisabeth National Park, we haven't had a family picture taken for a long time, so I'm glad I can add this to my collection.


A day before the trip, nawaz treated me to a trip to the Saloon. I was in great need of a hair cut, and I'm quite happy with the results.


Daddy and Aslan enjoying a drink while waiting for dinner. Aslan got a shandy of guinness and coke mixed. EWWWWW! not what I'd pick but glad he enjoyed it.


Whole Saturday we spent in the National park, I was driving most the time but was able to snap a few shots.



For lunch we stopped at the Mweya Lodge, but we couldn't walk around the lodge cuz they had seen 2 cobra snakes under the woodden porch so wanted us to stay indoors, we didn't mind, the kids still had a blast.


Back at the hotel in Fort Portal, the kids had a relaxed morning playing lego and exploring the hotel.

This bus was in front of us almost the entire trip home. Nawaz wasn't sure why I was obsessed with taking a picture of it, but helped me get a good one. I think I'll send it into LINK.


All in all, it was a wonderful trip, and nice getaway.
Stay tuned for Zohra's 3rd birthday pics...

4 comments:

Dora said...

You write better than I do hun. You made it all sound grander and more enjoyable. Luv u!

Lady Jo said...

I was gonna say, your hair looks fab!

Unknown said...

Dito to what Jo said..

Fort Portal looks beautiful..

I love this blog, as I can always visit UG every now & then..

I've tried unsuccessfully about 6 million times to link to this blog...

not 1 to give up, i'l try 1x more..

Lots of love

Teacup said...

Gorgeous hair cut! NO FAIR. ;) You look B-E-A-Utiful!