The Royal ascot Goat Races is one of the biggest events in Kampala every year. It all for fun, but lots of betting on the goats, and you can bring your own goat too, Lots of major company's have tents and if you are given the band before the day, you get free entry, along with the food and drinks included.
There was 8 rounds of races, each round with the betting coming up to about $2,000 or more. Half the time they stopped to eat grass, run the other way, but found a board behind them so continued merrily on their way. 
These Russian dances graces us with their presence courtesy of the Simba Casino, unfortunately I stood at the wrong side of the stage, but seeing that I was standing right next to the Casino tent, I took my chances, still a great view I must say. 

We couldn't resist taking pictures with the Simba Casino bouncers, thou only got 2 of them cuz the other 4 were warding off unwanted intruders. Still glad we got some shots, here is Katrina and Baby Kira getting comfy with one of them.
Malaika, I and Kat with them again.
God bless Simon, Mike, Mom and Shirley the ballooners and face painters from our team, I didn't see them get off the table once for 7 hours straight. 
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Royal Ascot Goat Races 2008!
Posted by Machi at 7:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
such a contrast between those russian chicks and the african people. Amazing... I like the *goat-race* concept. interesting and very funny.
Silly fun! Those Russians would have been sure to steal the show! Esp in g strings, it looks like!
Post a Comment