I always thought that going to see anything live would totally ruin the best view you get from the TV, so I never thought I'd go out of my way to go to anything live. So naturally when the Golden opportunity to go to UB40's live concert, I wasn't so jazzed as would be expected. If you haven't heard of UB40, you might know a few of their famous songs, such as RED RED WINE and REASONS. We hadn't actually planned to go, as we weren't ready to pay so much. They were only doing 1 showing so they charged 25,000=/ (apx.$13) for ground tickets. 125,000=/(eq.$70)for VIP, Platinum tickets were 300,000=/(apx.$175). My husbands boss had 2 platinum tickets, and he gave them to us as he wasn't interested in going. So with extremely short notice, we dressed up, Nawaz had a bite to eat before we left, but as hungry as I was I was determined to hold out till we got the PLATINUM BUFFET.
They started 30 min late, cuz of overflow of traffic outside, but it was a great 1 and 1/2 hour show, lively, fun, and different.The croud came to about 30,000 people. I was very glad I chose to go.
The next morning at 7am, we had at list 10 calls from his friends asking him why he couldn't wait till we got home to start onto me....Little did we know that we hit the center page of the daily newspaper, till today ppl don't stop joking about it, some even have it up on their office bulletin board just to tease him....Thankfully it wasn't a bad pic, but now we'll be more careful.
Here are some pics, sorry about the lighting....didn't have much option.
Fireworks display at the end of the show.
A bad pic of the stage but its all I got
The crowd of 30,000 people from our top view.
The newspaper that took our pic. We are in the bottom center pic. On the bottom of the pic it has a caption saying "A couple gets Lovey Dovey at the show."
Thursday, March 20, 2008
UB40 LIVE CONCERT
Posted by Machi at 12:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
is that you two kissing?? So cute!
Red Red Wine????
hahahhahhahahha...that song reminds me of our Karaoke nights.
Miss you!!
wonderful...... scan it and mail... that newspaper pic. Miss you
i also thought the same thing... but once you see it live there's nothing really like it.
Post a Comment