CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Nawaz' travels

If you've been watching BBC or CNN, you would have heard about the floods in Lira, in northern Uganda. Thankfully nothing has reached Kampala yet, but last week when Nawaz was traveling about 7 hours north, he hit parts of the damage from the rain. On the way up to his destination(in the middle of nowhere) he had to pass through a few of these types of rivers, an while in the middle of one of them, the pick ups radiator got spoiled so he was stuck around this area for a days, below are some pics he took of his travels, other trucks also stuck, an some of the army escort he had to have along with him as its a bandits an warriors area. Enjoy the pics, an please pray for his safety when you think of us, as he goes on these trips often an anything can happen.

Crawling thru the river as this was the only(former road) you could pass.


Police escort, ever ready with their AK-47,

A village woman ever on guard

A cracked bridge on the road, don't ask me how it got that way

These pics are just a few of the many trucks that were stuck on the road that day, Thank God, I got him home safely.


5 comments:

Teacup said...

So amazing! Glad he made it safely back. Awww, I miss the comforting sight of random AK47s as I jog down the street. :)

Machi said...

Yeah, an now Mom plans to go straight up to Lira to bring donations for the victims up there, so pray for her travels too. GBH.

Lady Jo said...

Yikes! Give him my love and I'll pray for him.

Nyx Martinez said...

Love, love, love the photos!!!!

I miss that crazy place. Miss you too, MOTHERRRRRRR.

Nyx Martinez said...

Haha, that's so Robin. God bless her.