CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 04, 2007

LET ME!!!




God, please do not let me miss those moments that I could have spent with my child.
Let me carry her more often and feel her tiny body gently wrapped in my loving arms.
For someday I will not have the strength to pick her up anymore.
Let me enjoy changing her diapers for this gives me the chance to play with her miniature toes, tickle her tummy and make her feel comfortable.
Someday she will ask me to leave and shut the door behind me claiming she can manage by herself.
Let me take more walks with he in her stroller while I can look down at her little face that is staring in wonder at this new world all around him.
Let me do this often, for soon she will be able to walk on her own and leave the safety of her carriage.
Let me delight in each and every milestone she reaches.
Let me tell her how much I love her. Since there are bound to be times when she will not want to sit still to hear this.
Let me continue to listen attentively to her even after she has mastered the art of talking.
Since people tend to listen less closely to a child once language becomes fluent.
Let me learn to enjoy the sound of her calling me "Mommy" even if it is through the dripping of tears.
For one day I will no longer be "Mommy" to her, but rather just "Mom."
Let me be the world to her right now because as every mother sadly comes to realize, their babies soon discover the world outside of their mother's arms.
Let me do these things and so much more, despite being busy, tired or overwhelmed because I would hate to look back and harbor regrets of times gone by that were lost to less important things than my daughter.
Yes, dear Lord, I want my daughter to grow up to be a beautiful, loving and intelligent woman, but please Lord do not let this happen overnight because someday memories will be all I have left of her.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really do pour so much love into them both. And it's cool because even when they get big, & even though it turns to 'mom' the depth of that warmth is only richer. It doesn't fade.

You are doing such a good job in growing them in God's love & ways & I'm really proud of you.

I also thank God that I can be around them both, during these perfect years!!

Anonymous said...

very nice........you still love your mom and i know u will always be loved as a mom.This is what known as LOVE......
Do u want me to cry i am already upset tonight
She is too cute

Anonymous said...

Nice, Machi! You write well...

You're such a sweet mommy & your kids are so cute....I hope to see you all around sometime....I'm really starting to miss you guys.

LY!

--Brian

Ruth Cortejos said...

wow! well written!

Gorgeous kids!!

Machi said...

hey maria, so good to hear from you, you were a great an wonderful mother an friend. I love the feeling of being needed...most the time, other times I do get tired of it, but don't we all. Love you, keep in touch.

Nyx Martinez said...

IS IT YOUR BIRTHDAY??????????