CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Masai Mara Day 1

I'm back, refreshed, inspired and loaded with pics. Unfortunately I won't be able to post them all, but I will do my best, by separating daily ones. I drove down from Kampala on my own to meet up with Nawaz in Kisumu, a small town about 2hours into the Kenyan border. About a 6 hour drive from door to door. We slept there, then took off in the morning for the Mara, another 3 hour drive. Arived at Sarova Mara Camp, Booked in, and eagerly headed straight out for a game drive, at the reception we met a Masai man, who was our Guide during our stay for 3 days, he took us out 2-3 drives a day, and knew exactly where to find the animals, For some reason, the wild animals are afraid of the Masai, so keep their distance, and won't try anything when a masai is around, so we got to go right up next to the lions in no fear....well, at first I was a bit nervous, but soon relaxed and enjoyed every minute while in the park. I leave you to the pics, till I post the next ones.

OLE TIKA the masai guide and I

A pregnant Cheetah

Small Lion Family on the road.


A teenaged Male

Guess what this is.....

Masai Ladies at the entrance,....Yes, they are ladies...belive it or not.


Till tomorrow....

0 comments: