CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 11, 2008

4 day getaway to Ssese Islands!

On monday 5 of our home members took off on a 3 hour ferry ride into the middle of Lake Victoria, to Ssese Islands. We had lots of reading, an resting, and study time with no kids in sight. It also helped to not have any source of electricity besides the 4 hours they'd turn on the Generator so we could tell the difference from the chicken or grasshoppers. So with no power, we saught other outdoor activities to do after our hours of studing. We went on a forest walk, enjoyed the scenery, swam in the lake....you can only swim in few parts of Lake Victoria, cuz any part of the lake thats touching Kampala has "bilharzia" which has bad side effects such as.. so I was thankful for the chance to swim in one of the safe parts of the lake without "bilharzia".
PEP standing for "PROFESSIONAL EMPOWERED PARENTING" seminar. contained tons of good materials on Communications, Discipline, Individual attention and appreciation, having a sample not a sermon, passing on our Love for God to them.....etc. its endless, there's no way I'd be able to list everything I benefited from the trip. God Bless our dear CP board.
On another note, I had my first 10 hour night sleep while on the island, thanx to the peace an quietness of the suroundings, and possibly to the fact that I didn't have to make 4-5 different water/potty runs for some adorible short ppl I left behind with my mom and sister-in-law. Thanx a ton Mom and Koko, I couldn't have gone if it weren't for you.
Now for sporadically taken pictures of the trip, Enjoy.

The trunk of this tree could have possibly been about 20 of me upright bunched together.

Out in the middle of the forest

Enjoying the lake view while I had the chance to sit in one place for more than an hour straight...



Out for a swim, hesitant at first, but had a great time in the end.

Another lakeside Lodge

Guess who.

Sunset pictures


The Ferry, 3 hours to and from Entebbe, our Lakeside Airport.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! Beautiful photos, Machi!

So glad you got to go!!

Unknown said...

Good pics..

Why, it's Chrome of course (in the 'Guess who' section)..

Great place to have meetings! Cool!